Friday, January 1, 2016

...and we're back. For now.

Looks like the outage is over: about an hour and a half ago, the Linode status blog (http://status.linode.com) announced that the upstream provider was going to start gradually restoring access to their Atlanta datacenter (and that includes us).

[edit] And we're back down again. From Linode:

Update - Around two hours after bringing things back online, attacks on Atlanta have started again which are affecting the entire datacenter. At this time we are being taken back offline to attempt further mitigation. Jan 2, 07:01 UTC
[/edit]


The attacks against Linode have been going on since the 26th, however, and show no signs of stopping: I'm cautiously optimistic for now, but until I have some reason to believe that the attacker(s) will stop, I have no reason to believe that we won't have any more downtime.

In the meantime, I'll be working on two things: finishing the work on the XLS export feature (which should be ready to go in the next release) and building some redundancy into my setup.

The bottom line is that this is at least partially my fault, and I am going to do a better job holding up my end going forward.

2 comments:

  1. Love the work you've done -- and I wouldn't lay the blame at your feet, to be honest. The work you've done is great, and I'm happy with it. It's frustrating to be unable to access it, but when a site is DDOS'd... there's not much you can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man: I appreciate it.

      According to Linode, they think they're in the clear for now in Atlanta, so I'm getting back to work today. Fingers crossed!

      Delete