Saturday, March 26, 2016

Project Update: V2 on Hold

It's been a little over a month since the last release/update to http://kdm-manager.com and I would like to say a few things about that. I am also going to say a few things about the future of the project.

The executive summary is that the reasons for the break are mostly personal and the V2 project is on indefinite hold until I can make time for it.

Hit the jump break for the full breakdown.

Hiatus

As I mentioned above, I haven't pushed an update in month.

Starting in the last week of February, things picked up for me at work, and in the space of about a week, I went from hardly having anything to do to being totally slammed.

Consequently, I haven't had much time for Monster in general (e.g. working on minis, playing solo games, etc.), let alone time to work on http://kdm-manager.com. Beyond taking the box out once a week for my standing Monday night game, all I have done with KD in February is glue together a handful of minis.

At present, it looks like the trend at work will continue and I will not have much time for KD. This is both bogus and sad.

Future

What all of that means for the Manager is that updates will continue to trickle out, but at a low speed: I've got a super low-grade release that I plan to push this weekend, but beyond that, no major plans for V1.

The V2 project, which started strong in February has basically come to halt: the other guys were turning in their work, but I just stopped having the time to do anything on the project.

Which is to say that V2 is basically on hold indefinitely and that's totally on me.

At present, I would like very much to be able to pick up V2 and get it going again, but I also know that I don't really have the time to commit to it right now.

Meanwhile, I also want to do a bunch of improvements to V1 to address some of its long-standing usability issues and to start to give the 170-some-odd people who log into the manager every month some solid options for managing Expansion content more effectively, and I know I can find time to do at least some of that.

Coming Soon

All of which is to say that the V2 project is, as I said above, on indefinite hold.

That sucks and I am sorry to have to say it.

The silver lining of that cloud, however, is that I have some improvements that I am going to roll out in March to smooth out some of V1's gnarliest usability problems and address Expansion content.

Thanks again for using the Manager!

No comments:

Post a Comment