Sunday, July 9, 2017

Survivor Sheet feature demo: teaser for the next release!

Contrary to what I said last time, there will not be a new release of the Manager deployed today.

Instead, I've got a short good news/bad news post.

Good News

The good news is that I've been diligently plugging away on the next major release, and I've got some good progress to show for it.

Check out this new feature demo, which shows the refactored, no-page-reload controls for Survivor Sheet Abilities & Impairments, Survival Actions and permanent affinities:


Some things to notice:

  1. Affinity controls no longer need a page reload.
  2. The epithet picker refreshes itself and prevents duplicate epithets
  3. Survival Action tool-/title-tips are now tablet/phone friendly and appear when the element is clicked/tapped
  4. The A&I picker refreshes itself, preventing duplicate picks when duplicate picks are against the rules
  5. A&Is, once applied, can automatically update survivor epithets (among other things...but more on that later).


Bad News

The bad news is that all of the new stuff that will come out in this release is basically requiring me to port like, 80% of the survivor management code from the legacy app to the API, and that is taking up quite a bit of time.

All of which is to say that the next release of the Manager is taking longer to put together than I initially predicted, and I will probably not be able to deploy it until some time later this week. I'm thinking Wednesday, latest.

It will be worth it though: Survivor Sheet automation is about to take a major leap forward.

Thanks again for using the Manager!

No comments:

Post a Comment