Mostly by accident (since I'm terrible at this and totally scatterbrained about branches) I ended up working those issues on a feature branch that I started a couple of weeks back and, long story short, I've got a release to put into production today.
Release 2.48.922 mostly implements break/fix and performance optimizations for the Dashboard.
The release also implements a new feature I call 'survivor tags', which are basically little informational items that appear beneath a survivor's vital stats on the Campaign Summary view. For now, they only include Fighting Arts, Disorders and A&Is, though I have some vague plans for expanding the feature in the future (once I know more about Advanced KD:M).
Finally, this will be the last release of the Manager for a while (I mean it this time). I'm going to take some time to start working on subscriber-only features and the next major release of the Manager will include the first one of those.
Thanks for using the Manager!
Corrections and Fixes
- Fixed a CSS parsing bug that broke some of the settlement event log styling that should have been going on in the timeline.
- Addressed a problem in kdmManager.js method favoriteFilter() where (legacy data model) survivors without a 'favorite' attribute could cause JS errors and break the Campaign Summary page render.
- Revised the dashboard to load settlements one at a time, e.g. to improve responsiveness and give users a sense that progress is happening, etc. Also addresses the problem of browser user-friendliness timing out requests.
- Implemented "Survivor Tags" on the Campaign Summary view.
- The World's panels on the Dashboard are hidden until the world is retrieved from the API.
- The World panel now has a loading (lantern) spinner.
- Enhanced the API Admin Panel to include a spinner and, if necessary, some dynamic failure message display for the user data panel.
- Revised the models.users.User.serialize() methods for 'dashboard' type serialization to completely avoid initializing settlements: 'dashboard' elements 'settlements' and 'campaigns' are now lists of OIDs.
- Added /settlement/get_summary/<oid> route for when you want settlement details, but you're in a hurry (haha).
- Documented the new route.
- Survivor normalize() removes the deprecated 'ability_customizations' attribute.