|Old survivor (work in progress).|
Before I get into the release notes/change log, however, I have a few announcements.
(Also, in case you're wondering, https://api.thewatcher.io is going away soon: more on that in future posts.)
The 1.0.000 release is designed around performance and the delivery of some major new features, including support for multiple rules sets/versions, gear grids/saved load-outs, etc.
Second, 3.85.1633 is the last "feature" release that I will be doing on what is now the legacy version of Manager: the new features that leave beta and go out for General Availability in this release are the last new features that will be added to the current version of the Manager and the API.
I will continue to support the legacy version of the Manager, but from now on, my efforts are officially going to be focused on a new project that...I can't actually officially announce yet.
All of that having been said, here's a summary of the major changes in release 3.85.1633:
- I closed about a dozen issues and addressed a bunch of bugs, including long-standing issues with password hashing, cookies and adding expansion content to settlements.
- API documentation app has been reorganized/cleaned up, uses material design and now has a nifty left-side nav bar.
- Support for the Santa Satan expansion has been added.
- Gear card lookup exits beta (!) and becomes generally available.
- The Manager now uses the 1.0.0 release of the API
- I created a "downtime" app that will be used whenever I have to do an extended downtime for re-deployments of critical application components (of which I am planning three in 2019).
As usual, hit the jump for complete release notes!