|Default male avatar.|
First and foremost, release 1.47.969 adds support for the Dragon King expansion as well as the People of the Stars campaign (including survivor constellations and the whole deal: it's all there).
(In the past, I have had some people ask about process, i.e. how I go from opening the box to implementing expansion support. If you're interested, I tried to block out all of the major features as GitHub issues, and you can read the full milestone details here.)
|Default female avatar.|
In terms of the Survivor Sheet refactor, this release keeps the ball rolling forward on that and adds better UI/UX for survivor avatar controls, survivor name changes, permanent affinity controls and a handful of other elements of the sheet.
This release also pushes a slew of presentation corrections and fixes. Many of those fixes are specifically targeted at Safari, but I have to say that the app is still pretty much unusable in that browser.
(All I can say about that is that I'm working on it and I plan to keep fixing presentation issues until we're back to here we were before the tablet resolution release went out and broke everything in Safari.)
Finally, this also pushes a few "quality of life" adjustments, such as a touched up the "new settlement" screen, which now includes "subtitle" text for expansion content (should help the new people who come in with the upcoming Kickstarter, etc.) and a top 10 causes of death table on the dashboard "World" panel.
There's even more in this release: hit the jump for details!
And thanks again for using the Manager!
Corrections and Fixes
- V1: Sunstalker "Jowls" resource is now listed as both "iron" and "scrap" (formerly, it was only "iron" and did not show up in scrap resource tallies).
- V2: nemesis monster attribute "exclude_from_picker" is now "selectable" (and Lonely Tree has it set to False).
- V2: world.WorldDaemon.dump_status() no longer throws a traceback/exception when the daemon is not running.
- V1: settlement founders no longer have controls for modifying parents on their Survivor Sheets. Settlement founders are survivors born in LY0 or who have the "Founder" epithet.
- V1: campaign-specific PotStars survivor attributes no longer appear on the Survivor Sheets of PotLantern campaign survivors
- V1: addressed a presentation issue affecting the campaign summary view (wide resolution) where the survival limit was a too close to the available endeavors box and could overlap it.
- V1: fixed campaign-specific attribute toggle fonts on the Survivor Sheet at wide resolution (they're no longer gigantic)
- V1: set a max width on the Survivor Sheet survivor sex box (so it doesn't break the formatting on tablet width resolution anymore)
- V1: revised the tablet-width permanent affinity modal so that it displays horizontally (rather than stretching down and requiring a scroll)
- V1: addressed a tablet-width presentation issue where the quantity controls and drop-downs for adding items to Settlement Storage had a massive vertical gap between them
- V1: fixed a presentation issue where settlements with no triggered milestone events had no principle selection options and the default text was being placed outside of the principles box.
- V1: fixed a presentation issue where campaign-specific attrib toggle boxes had clickable regions beyond their borders at tablet resolution.
- V1: fixed a bug in assets.Settlement.get_game_asset_deck() where forbidden items could be returned.
- V1: fixed a bug where attempting to access the event log from the Survivor Sheet threw a traceback in some cases
- V1: fixed a wide resolution presentation issue in Safari where survivor avatars were huge.
- V1: fixed a wide resolution presentation issue where Courage/Understanding/etc. number were slightly off-centered.
- V1: Linked a few A&I's to epithets
- V1: added some Dragon King epithets
- V1: added Dragon King expansion support:
- keyed in four disorders
- keyed in five innovations
- keyed in three Strange Resources
- added resources pseduo-asset for Dragon King resources
- added two locations (and keyed in their endeavors)
- keyed in nine Dragon King resources
- created an expansion asset with plug-in timeline auto-add for "Glowing Crater"
- created a Dragon King quarry asset (V1 and V2)
- added "Scythe" weapon proficiency asset; keyed in mastery and specialization A&I's
- keyed in six fighting arts
- created a The Tyrant nemesis asset (V1 and V2)
- keyed in 20 gear cards
- keyed in 10 story event pages
- created a "People of the Stars" campaign asset; set attribs according to biz logic in the book and keyed in the timeline; added campaign-specific attribs
- added The Tyrant as an "always available" nemesis of the Campaign
- keyed in 10 A&I's
- V1: Created "cause_of_death" asset dict in game_assets.py for use in upcoming cause of death refactor; started filling it with assets.
- V1: added assets.Survivors.is_founder() for determining whether a survivor is a founder.
- V2: refactored world.World.get_top_names() to simply be get_top() and to support random document attribute queries.
- V2: added world.get_top_causes_of_death() method and asset to world as a top 10 (because everyone loves top 10's)
- V1: added top 10 causes of death to the dashboard "World" panel
- V1: added latest settlement block to the admin panel, cleaned up some presentation and added a floating block with version number on it
- V1: updated assets.Survivors.get_expansion_attribs() to check campaigns as well as expansions for content-specific add-on survivor attribs.
- V1: added campaign type to the campaign summary view
- V1: campaign summary links on the dashboard now also display campaign type
- V1: new settlement view now supports "subtitles" for expansion content: I keyed in some explanatory text for Beta Challenge Scenarios and White Box.
- V1: refactored the CSS/presentation for the new settlement view so it's a little more configurable now (rather than just relying on inheritance)
- V1: constellation traits appear in maroon:
- Fighting Arts
- V1: removed form-style controls for updating avatars from all views
- V1: made avatars clickable (clicking opens the file upload controls and browses local for a file)
- V1: created a default avatar on all Survivor Sheets to use as the control for adding avatars to survivors who don't have them
- V1: the "always_available_nemesis" attrib now accepts a string (instead of a bool) and works with both expansions AND campaigns.
- V1: campaign assets now support the "founder_epithet" attribute, which forces the "First Story" survivors to have that epithet.
- V1: moved the "new settlement" button to the top of the dashboard "Settlements" panel.
- V1: campaign assets now support the "survivor_additional_attribs" attribute, which is basically a dict that gets spammed onto new survivors in that campaign upon creation.
- V1: assets.Survivor.is_founder() returns False if a survivor with a LY 0 birth is created with parents (corner case)
- V1: updated assets.Survivor.new() to support the addition of abilities_and_impairments to new/newborn survivors if required by an innovation, etc.
- V1: new settlements now inherit the nemesis_monsters attrib from their campaign (if it has one)
- V1: added UI/UX controls for setting constellations on survivors; added a settlement event log item for the event as well.
- V1: survivors with constellations get a little piece of flair on their asset link to indicate their constellation (and that they are a man...that they are a dragon man...but they were always...)
- V1: created an assets.Settlement.get_story_event() method to facilitate the change from "Bold" and "Insight" to "Awake" on the Dragon Survivor Sheets.